Issued 03:30 PM ADT 28 July 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to southeasterly 15 early Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to easterly 20 to 25 Saturday evening.
Rain beginning near noon Saturday with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches.
Georges Bank - northern halfIssued 03:30 PM ADT 28 July 2017
Georges Bank - southern halfIssued 03:30 PM ADT 28 July 2017
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5410W to 4615N 5400W to 4615N 5245W to 4800N 4845W to 5145N
4745W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 July 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching low located south of Cape Cod.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: