Issued 10:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 near noon and to southeast 25 late this afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 20 after midnight then to west 15 to 20 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday.
Periods of rain and fog patches beginning near noon and ending early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4505N 6020W
to 4505N 5915W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4645N 5315W to 4630N 4345W to 4715N 4150W to 5015N 4144W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 4959W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Quebec to West Scotian
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday weakening ridge located from Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1015 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1015 mb located over East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM ADT 27 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow will give freezing spray to eastern waters
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: