East Scotian Slope - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 29 March 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 20 to 25 this afternoon and to northwest 25 to 30 this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 40 near midnight and to northwest 50 Thursday morning.
A few showers changing to rain and fog patches this morning then to periods of rain or snow overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4505N 6020W
to 4500N 5905W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5259W to 4630N 4700W to 4715N 4400W to 5000N 4400W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4856N 5830W to Quebec near 5012N 6039W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Scotian Slope - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 29 March 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 29 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening low located south of Laurentian
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today deepening low 1002 mb located over West
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday deepening low 980 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 29 March 2017 A low pressure system will approach the district from the southwest
today then intensify tonight and Thursday as it moves to lie over
Laurentian Fan Thursday morning. Strong to gale northeasterlies
developing ahead of the low will shift to gale to storm north or
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan-western half. Gale warnings are
in effect for george's bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, West
Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian
Fan-eastern half, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern half,
Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti-eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: