East Scotian Slope
Issued 03:30 PM AST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind east 25 knots backing to northeast 20 early Thursday afternoon.
A few showers beginning Thursday afternoon and ending Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5030N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located from Labrador to New Brunswick
then to Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Newfoundland extending
At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1010 mb located south of Cape Cod.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday intensifying low 999 mb located south
of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:05 PM AST 18 January 2017 A ridge of high pressure over eastern marine waters will continue
To slowly push eastward tonight. Moderate to strong northerlies
Ahead of the ridge diminish in its vicinity. A deepening low
approaching from the Eastern Seaboard to lie south of Georges Bank
this evening. The low will then track slowly eastward. This low will
give strong to gale force easterlies to southwestern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank-southern half and West Scotian Slope-southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: