East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NST 20 February 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 to 20 knots this evening and to northeast 25 Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5305W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5248W to 4530N 4715W to 4545N 4500W to 5045N 4630W to 5300N
4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5121N 5826W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 20 February 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NST today dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the South Coast of Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 1007 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 1006 mb located south of the Grand
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Tuesday ridge located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM NST 20 February 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf waters and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: