East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 05 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to southwest 20 this morning then veering to west 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind veering to northwest 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4750N 5030W to
4805N 5005W to 5250N 5335W to 5335N 5215W to 5450N 5210W to 5630N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Bergy water except 5 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5444W to 4530N 5400W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1000 mb located over Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 984 mb located over Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 1000 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the western Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough from 984 mb low located on a
line north-south over the eastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located southeast of the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: