East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 28 September 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots veering to east 15 to 20 this evening then increasing to east 25 late overnight. Wind diminishing to south 15 Thursday afternoon then becoming variable 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain beginning this afternoon. Fog patches forming Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 July 2016
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 September 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5000N 5529W to 5000N 5300W to 5500N 5200W to 5800N 5700W to 6100N
5700W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5019N 5949W to Newfoundland near 4949N 5751W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 28 September 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located from Labrador
to the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 1011 mb located south of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Thursday low 1015 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located from the low to the East
Coast of Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: