East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 27 July 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots tonight and Friday.
A few showers beginning near noon Friday.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 27 July 2017
Tonight and Friday. Seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 27 July 2017
Saturday Wind south 10 to 15 knots backing to southeast 15 to 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to northwest 20.
Monday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5410W to 4545N 5400W to 4530N 5145W to 4715N 4530W to 4900N
4530W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 27 July 2017 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing ridge located on a line east-west
over the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over
Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching trough located on a line
north-south over the Maritimes.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: