East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 20 this evening except southwest 35 over eastern sections Sunday morning. Wind becoming northwest 25 near noon Sunday then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Rain or freezing rain beginning this afternoon changing to snow or freezing rain this evening and ending Sunday afternoon. Fog banks.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4705N
4530W to 4845N 4500W to 4930N 4645W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4700N 4200W to 4945N
4245W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5820W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and southIssued 10:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM NDT 28 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will remain nearly stationary just southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula throughout the forecast period. Strong to
gale force southwesterlies will persist southeast of the trough axis
until Sunday evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, the Northern Grand Banks -
southeastern half and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port,
Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: