East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon with gusts to 25 along the coast Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4645N 5059W to 5100N 4829W to 5200N 4844W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Funk Island Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing trough located east of Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying trough located over the Gaspe
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
northern Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: