Issued 03:00 AM NDT 21 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 30 knots diminishing to north 20 overnight and to north 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 1.
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4620N 4640W to 4745N 4515W to
4825N 4740W to 5500N 5300W to 5600N 5630W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3615W to 4700N
3615W to 5000N 3745W to 5130N 3845W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 21 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 978 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 990 mb located east of
the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:00 AM NDT 21 April 2015 A low pressure system will remain nearly stationary east of the Grand
Banks today, then weaken and move out to sea on Wednesday. Gale to
storm force northerly winds are expected over eastern waters near the
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings in effect for the
Northern Grand Banks - eastern half and the Southeastern Grand Banks
eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Funk Island Bank -
eastern half, Northern Grand Banks - western half and the
Southeastern Grand Banks - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Funk Island Bank - western half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: