Issued 10:00 AM NDT 21 July 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon then veering to west 25 Saturday evening.
Showers beginning this afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and tonight. Fog banks dissipating Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5515W to 4615N 5400W to 4600N 5230W to 4730N 4515W to 5130N
4530W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing trough located east of Funk
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located east of the Marine District.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: