Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 October 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near midnight then backing to westerly 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Monday morning then becoming southerly 10 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 October 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5332N 5558W to 5300N 5145W to 5500N 5200W to 5800N 5700W to
6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 October 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 October 2017 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Labrador to West
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday ridge located from Newfoundland to East
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: