Issued 03:30 PM AST 26 February 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind west 25 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late this afternoon then backing to west 20 to 25 early Friday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray becoming a risk tonight and Friday. Freezing spray beginning Friday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 15 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 February 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4600N 5630W to 4730N 5730W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
7 tenths of grey-white ice including 2 tenths of first-year ice
except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice near Cape North.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5253W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4700W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 3:30 PM AST 26 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 26 February 2015 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 996 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday departing low 994 mb located southeast of
At 10:00 a.m. AST Friday building ridge located from the Great
Lakes to the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM AST 26 February 2015 A low pressure system will approach the district from the southwest
this afternoon and will track just south of the slope waters this
evening before moving into the Grand Banks Friday morning. This low
will bring generally strong northeast winds to the district except a
period of northeasterly gales to southern slope waters as it passes.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half..West Scotian Slope - southern half..
East Scotian Slope - southern half..Laurentian Fan - southern half..
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Banquereau-northern half..
Cabot Strait..Gulf-Magdalen..And Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: