Issued 10:00 AM ADT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening then to southerly 20 to 25 late overnight. Wind southerly 20 to 25 Wednesday.
A few showers beginning Wednesday afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4645N 5059W to 5100N 4829W to 5200N 4844W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Quebec to the Great
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located over the western Marine
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: