Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 27 January 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 979 mb located west of the Marine
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 991 mb located over Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 p.m. AST Wednesday low 998 mb located over the eastern
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:02 PM AST 27 January 2015 An area of low pressure just west of the marine district will cross
Nova Scotia tonight to lie near Cabot Strait Wednesday evening.
Gale to storm force easterlies to southerlies ahead of the low will
shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies behind the low.
Winds will diminish from west to east during the day Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Fundy..Grand Manan..Lurcher..Browns Bank..LaHave Bank..Northumberland
Strait..Gulf-Magdalen and Chaleur-Miscou. Gale warnings are in effect
For Georges Bank..Southwestern shore..West Scotian Slope..Eastern
Shore..Sable..Fourchu..Northern half of Banquereau..Cabot Strait and
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..Cabot
Strait..Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Higher than normal water levels and possible ice pile up are possible
early this evening along the western part of the Northumberland
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: