Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 21 October 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near noon Sunday and to light Sunday evening.
A few showers ending late this evening.
Temperatures near plus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 October 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 October 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary low located over Labrador
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM ADT 21 October 2017 A large low pressure system over the Labrador Sea will move very
little today and Sunday. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected over the eastern half of the district in the wake of this
system. Winds well gradually diminish on Sunday as a ridge of high
pressure approaches slowly from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: