Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 25 February 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing ridge located over Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located over the East Coast of
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday trough located from Anticosti Island to
East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:57 AM AST 25 February 2017 A trough of low pressure will approach the district from the
West today and move to lie over the region Sunday morning.
Strong southeasterlies will develop ahead of the trough
Tonight. These winds will reach gale force
Over much of the region on Sunday. In the wake of the trough
Strong to gale force westerlies will develop.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning
Is in effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: