Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 24 January 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 986 mb located south of Cape Cod.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 986 mb located southeast of Cape Cod.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 988 mb located near Lurcher.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday low 988 mb located near Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM AST 24 January 2017 A low pressure system south of Cape Cod will move slowly eastward
tonight causing easterly gales over southwestern waters to spread
across the marine district reaching northern waters overnight tonight
or early Wednesday morning.
The low will track northeastward on Wednesday to lie over the central
marine district by Wednesday afternoon. Gale to near storm force
easterly winds ahead of the low will shift to strong northwesterlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Additionally, heavy pounding surf and higher than normal water levels
can be expected along the Atlantic coastline of Nova Scotia and Cape
Breton on Wednesday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: