Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 November 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing low 982 mb located over Labrador.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday trough located from Anticosti Island
to Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:12 AM AST 21 November 2017 A low pressure system over Labrador this morning will continue to
move northward today. Strong to gale force westerlies associated with
this low will gradually diminish and back to southwesterly today.
A developing trough of low pressure over the Great Lakes tonight will
slide eastward to lie from Anticosti to Georges Bank by Wednesday
evening. Strong to gale force southerlies are forecast ahead of this
trough. Winds will shift to strong northwesterly behind it. Southerly
winds may strengthen to storm force over southernmost waters
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore,
LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian
Slope, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait - northern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: