Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 10 February 2016 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low located over the southwestern Marine
By 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday low located east of Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:35 PM AST 10 February 2016 A low pressure system near Georges Bank will track across the
southern marine district tonight and Thursday morning. Strong to gale
force westerly winds are forecast over southern waters associated
with this disturbance.
A trough of low pressure extending from a disturbance over the
Labrador Sea will remain over northern waters through the forecast
period. Meanwhile a ridge of high pressure will build to the west.
Increasing westerly winds are expected over northern waters Thursday
afternoon between these features causing freezing spray to develop
over Western Anticosti.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
southern halves of Georges Bank and West Scotian Slope. Marine
interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: