Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 31 January 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 986 mb located over the eastern
By 8:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 986 mb located over the northern Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday departing low 977 mb located over Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday ridge located west of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM AST 31 January 2015 A low pressure system over the eastern Maritimes will drift
northeastward tonight to lie over the Northern Gulf of St. Lawrence
by Sunday morning and the Labrador coast Sunday evening. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low shift to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised gale warnings are in effect for all
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters except georges
Bank..West Scotian Slope..East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Marine interests are also advised that higher than normal water
levels are expected at the high tide this evening in the Gulf of St.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: