Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 26 January 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over southern Labrador.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday deepening low located south of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday low 979 mb located southwest of Browns
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM AST 26 January 2015 A deep area of low pressure will move into the region overnight
tonight and into Tuesday bringing storm force easterly or
northeasterly winds to most of the district Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except Anticosti where a gale warning is in effect.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..Eastern
Shore..Fourchu..Cabot Strait..Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen
Higher than normal water levels can be expected at high tide Tuesday
afternoon until early evening along with the possibility of ice pile
over the western part of Northumberland Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: