Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 October 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots early this morning and to southeast 25 near noon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 Saturday morning then diminishing to southerly 15 Saturday evening.
Rain late this afternoon and tonight. Rain at times heavy Saturday. Risk of thunderstorms Saturday morning. Fog patches forming this evening.
Temperatures plus 8 rising to plus 17 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 21 October 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:10 AM ADT 21 October 2016 Today At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located west of the Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
over Cape Cod.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 AM ADT 21 October 2016 A low pressure system will track south of Nova Scotia across the
central marine waters Saturday. In advance of this system strong to
gale force south to southeasterlies will spread across the district.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies will develop behind the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope,
Eastern shore, Fourchu, Sable, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: