Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 01 September 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening and to light after midnight. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Chance of showers today and beginning Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 01 September 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 1 September 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 999 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 996 mb located east of Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 AM ADT 1 September 2015 A low pressure system just south of Newfoundland will move to lie
east of Newfoundland by this evening. Gale force northwesterlies
Can be expected over northern waters in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore - eastern half...Fourchu...Sable - eastern half...
Banquereau...Laurentian Fan...Cabot Strait...Northumberland Strait...
Gulf-Magdalen...Chaleur-Miscou eastern half and Anticosti-eastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: