Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 996 mb located east of Cape Breton
By 9:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 983 mb located northeast
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM ADT 23 March 2017 A low pressure system east of Cape Breton will track northeastward
today to lie northeast of Newfoundland tonight. Gale to storm force
north to northwesterlies are occuring across the district associated
with the low.
In addition freezing spray is expected in the cold northerly winds in
the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all marine waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: