Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 04 May 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near midnight and to southwest 20 to 25 early Tuesday morning with gusts to 30 in the channels. Wind becoming northwest 20 near noon Tuesday then diminishing to northwest 15 Tuesday evening.
A few showers beginning Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday afternoon.
Low tonight plus 7. High Tuesday plus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 04 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 4 May 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Georges Bank to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing ridge located southeast of the
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over southern Quebec.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: