Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 991 mb located south of
East Scotian Slope.
By 4:00 p.m. AST today low 982 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM AST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system south of East Scotian Slope will intensify as
it tracks across Banquereau this afternoon. A trough will linger over
southern waters in the wake of the low. Gale force easterlies north
of the track of the low become storm force southerly south of it.
On Sunday strong to gale force northerlies will develop north of the
trough with gale force westerlies to its south.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan southeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Cabot Strait and Gulf of St Lawrence waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
Effect for all waters except..Georges Bank..West Scotian Slope..East
Scotian Slope..Laurentian Fan..Chaleur Miscou and Northumberland
Strait western half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: