Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 1008 mb located south of the Marine
By 8:00 a.m. AST Friday low 1004 mb located east of Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 a.m. AST Friday low 1007 mb located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday low 998 mb located near Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM AST 29 January 2015 Moderate to strong west to northwesterly winds across the district
will gradually diminish today as an area of high pressure builds over
the Maritimes. Freezing spray will continue over eastern sections of
the Gulf of St. Lawrence until noon.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait - eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: