Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 01:45 PM ADT 21 July 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Squall watch in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots with gusts to 40 near thunderstorms. Wind diminishing to light this evening then becoming northwest 15 Saturday morning.
A few showers or thunderstorms changing to chance of showers tonight. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
High today plus 25. Low tonight plus 16. High Saturday plus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Watches (In effect)
Squall watch in effect
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 1:32 PM ADT 21 July 2017 Conditions are favourable for the development of squalls with wind gusts up to 40 knots and frequent lightning.
Potentially severe thunderstorms with gust of up to 40 kts are expected this afternoon and may persist into this evening.
Vessels without lightning protection should make their way to shore immediately. Mariners are advised to prepare for potential squalls. Vulnerable vessels are most at risk and should seek safe harbour if underway.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. For more information monitor Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located over the southeastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: