Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 24 January 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight deepening low 975 mb located southwest
of Nova Scotia.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday deepening low 954 mb located east of the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday departing low 944 mb located northeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:46 PM AST 24 January 2015 An intensifying low pressure system southwest of Nova Scotia will
cross the Bay of Fundy tonight to lie east of the Gulf of St.
Lawrence Sunday morning. Gale to storm force southerlies are forecast
ahead of system followed by gale to storm force westerlies in its
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
All waters except Fundy..Grand Manan..Lurcher and Browns Bank where
gale warnings are in effect.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..Cabot
Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Higher than normal water levels with high waves and rough pounding
surf are expected to develop along Atlantic coastal waters of Nova
Scotia tonight. High water level warnings are in effect for those
In addition higher than normal water levels and rough pounding surf
can be expected along the coast of Western Cape Breton and the
gulf-facing coast of Eastern Prince Edward Island Sunday morning.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: