Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 04 October 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind northeast 15 knots diminishing to light this evening.
Low tonight plus 7. High Monday plus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 4 October 2015 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 1007 mb located south of the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over central Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:23 PM ADT 4 October 2015 A weak low pressure centre south of the Grand Banks will continue to
slowly move away from the district tonight. Meanwhile a large ridge
of high pressure over Quebec will gradually drift southeastward to
lie over the Gulf of St. Lawrence this evening and then remain nearly
stationary on Monday. Strong to gale force northeast winds over
southern waters will gradually diminish tonight and Monday.
Light winds prevail near the ridge.
At 3:00 PM ADT, hurricane Joaquin was located near 31.6N 66.6W,
About 110 nautical miles southwest of Bermuda. Joaquin is moving
north-northeastward at 13 knots.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope - southern half and Laurentian Fan - southern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: