Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing ridge located over the eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over southern Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday deepening low 995 mb located south of
West Scotian Slope.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low 983 mb located near Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:56 AM ADT 31 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the western marine district will
gradually move eastward today to lie over Southern Newfoundland this
evening. Over southern waters strong to gale force southerlies ahead
of the trough shift to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Meanwhile a low pressure system is forecast to develop overnight
tonight to lie just south of West Scotian Slope Wednesday morning.
It will deepen as it moves northeastward to lie near Laurentian Fan
Wednesday evening. Gale force northeasterlies are expected ahead of
the low with gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
These northwesterlies could briefly reach storm force.
Marine interests are advised gale warnings are in effect for georges
Bank..West Scotian Slope..Eastern shore - eastern half..Sable -
Eastern half..East Scotian Slope..Fourchu..Banquereau and Laurentian
Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait and all
Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: