Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 1 February 2015 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 1001 mb located south
of the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday low 983 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:43 PM AST 1 February 2015 Gale force northwesterlies affecting much of the district will
gradually diminish tonight and Monday morning as a weak ridge of
High pressure moves in from the west.
Another low pressure system developing south of the Great Lakes
tonight will intensify and move over the Gulf of Maine Monday
evening. Strong to gale force easterlies developing ahead of the low
will shift to gale force southerlies as the system nears. Those
southerly gales could reach close to storm force over southernmost
waters late Monday evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters except georges
Bank.. West Scotian Slope..East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: