Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 23 February 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the northern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 996 mb located over Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday low 992 mb located near Anticosti Island.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 990 mb located over the southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. AST today low 983 mb located northeast of the Grand
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM AST 23 February 2017 A low pressure system over Southeastern Grand Banks will continue
To move eastward today. Strong to near gale force northwesterlies
over easternmost waters will diminish today as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: