Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 993 mb located over southwestern
By 10:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1001 mb located over western
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located from Labrador to
Newfoundland then to Cape Cod.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM AST 28 January 2015 An area of low pressure over Southwestern Nova Scotia will cross the
province today to lie near Western Newfoundland this evening.
Gale force southerlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale
force northwesterlies in its wake. Winds will diminish on Thursday
As an area of high pressure builds into the district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy..Grand Manan..Lurcher..Browns Bank..Georges Bank..Southwestern
Shore..LaHave Bank..West Scotian Slope..Eastern shore..Sable..
Fourchu..Northumberland Strait western half..Gulf-Magdalen
Northwestern half..Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti southeastern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..
Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: