Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 8 February 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 976 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday departing low 982 mb located over
At 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday deepening low 996 mb located off the
East Coast of the U.S.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday low 988 mb located near Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM AST 8 February 2016 An intense low pressure system south of Georges Bank will move
northeastward crossing slope waters tonight to lie over Banquereau
Tuesday morning then over the Avalon Peninsula Tuesday evening as it
weakens. Gale to storm force northeasterlies are expected ahead of
the low, with gale to storm force westerlies south of the system.
Another low pressure system will rapidly cross slope waters Tuesday
night and into Wednesday morning. Another period of storm force winds
are possible with this second low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
All waters except Fundy..Grand Manan..Northumberland Strait..
Gulf-Magdalen..Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti where gale warnings are
In effect. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fourchu..Cabot
Strait..Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
This low will also give higher than normal water levels and rough and
pounding waves for the Atlantic Coast of Nova Scotia. Highest water
levels will occur near the high tide this evening and again Tuesday
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: