Issued 03:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 this afternoon then diminishing to southwesterly 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
A few showers beginning Thursday morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog banks forming early this morning and dissipating this afternoon.
Banquereau - eastern half
Banquereau - western half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4645N 5059W to 5100N 4829W to 5200N 4844W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from the St. Lawrence River
to New England.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing ridge located southeast of the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: