Anticosti - northwestern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 27 July 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to west 20 to 25 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 Friday evening.
A few showers ending Friday evening. Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Friday morning. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5410W to 4545N 5400W to 4530N 5145W to 4715N 4530W to 4900N
4530W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Anticosti - northwestern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 27 July 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 27 July 2017 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Quebec to New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Anticosti Island to
the Bay of Fundy.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today dissipating ridge located over the southern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: