Anticosti - northeastern half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 27 February 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 25 early this afternoon with gusts to 35 in the Honguedo Strait. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 near midnight then increasing to west 25 Saturday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 rising to minus 11 Saturday afternoon then falling to minus 16 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4550N 5640W to 4730N 5730W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice including 4 tenths of grey-white ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice near Anticosti Island.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4645W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 10:00 AM AST 27 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from the Great Lakes to
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight building ridge located south of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM AST 27 February 2015 A low pressure system just southeast of the Laurentian Fan will move
into the Grand Banks this morning. Strong to gale force northeast
winds over southeastern waters will diminish this morning as the low
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Banquereau-northern half..
Cabot Strait..And Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: