Issued 10:00 AM ADT 05 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 30 knots veering to northwest 25 to 30 near noon with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind becoming northwest 20 to 25 this evening with gusts to 30 along the coast.
Chance of showers tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4630N 5830W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4530N 5400W to 4145N 5015W to 4145N 4830W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 5959W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 10:00 AM ADT 05 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: