Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 31 March 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light increasing to southwest 25 knots Wednesday afternoon.
Snow beginning this evening and ending Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 6. High Wednesday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5145N 4835W to 5450N 5225W to
5630N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4813W to 4430N 4713W to 4700N 4128W to 4928N
4158W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 10 to 25 icebergs east of the western
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 31 March 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 995 mb located off the Southwest
Coast of Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 997 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 1000 mb located south of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday intensifying low 986 mb located over
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday dissipating ridge located over Belle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NDT 31 March 2015 A low pressure system currently near Port aux Basques will track
across Newfoundland tonight and lie over Belle Isle Bank by Wednesday
morning. Strong to gale force southwesterlies will develop south of
the low later this evening.
Meanwhile, a second, more intense, low pressure system will approach
Newfoundland from the south Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies will spread over southern waters Wednesday evening
ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east and the Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: