Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 21 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming northeast 15 knots Wednesday morning.
A few flurries beginning Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4835N 5305W to 4550N 4655W to 4730N 4530W to
4820N 4745W to 5455N 5300W to 5555N 5630W to 5755N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
1 tenth of first-year ice except 8 tenths of first-year ice in the
northeastern section and along Newfoundland coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4515N 4700W to 4500N 4500W to 4615N 3800W to 4730N
3730W to 5030N 3915W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at estimated from Quebec near 5107N 5837W to
Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 21 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 981 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 990 mb located east of
the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:48 AM NDT 21 April 2015 A low pressure system will remain nearly stationary east of the Grand
Banks today, then weaken and move away from the marine district on
Wednesday. Gale to storm force northerly winds are expected over
eastern waters near the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Northern Grand Banks - eastern half and the Southeastern Grand
Banks eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Funk Island Bank
- eastern half, Northern Grand Banks - western half and the
Southeastern Grand Banks - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Funk Island Bank - western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: