Strait of Belle Isle
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 24 July 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 25 knots with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 this evening and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers beginning Tuesday evening.
Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5515W to 4600N 5345W to 4600N 5215W to 4745N 4445W to 5130N
4530W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 24 July 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located over northwestern Belle
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 998 mb located south of
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located from the Gulf of St. Lawrence
to the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing low 1006 mb located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: