Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 20 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind variable 15 knots diminishing to light late this evening.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 20 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday Outside the ice edge seas 1 metre or less.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 20 April 2015
Wednesday Wind east 20 knots.
Thursday Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind east 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday Open water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6105W to 4515N 5950W
to 4430N 5905W to 4435N 5730W to 4645N 5705W to 4720N 5745W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3615W to 4700N
3615W to 5000N 3745W to 5130N 3845W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 20 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 978 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday departing low 984 mb located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM NDT 20 April 2015 A low pressure system east of the Grand Banks will track slowly
northeastward tonight and Tuesday. Gale to storm force northerly
winds are expected over eastern waters near the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings in effect for the
Northern Grand Banks - eastern half and the Southeastern Grand Banks
eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Funk Island Bank -
eastern half, Northern Grand Banks - western half and the
Southeastern Grand Banks - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Funk Island Bank - western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: