Issued 03:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northwest 15 knots with gusts to 25 along the coast early this morning. Wind diminishing to light near noon then becoming northeast 10 to 15 overnight.
Periods of snow beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4505N 6020W
to 4505N 5915W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 4800N 4430W to 5000N 4330W to 5145N
4600W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 965 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cabot Strait.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday weakening ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:56 AM NDT 28 March 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Flemish Cap will move
slowly eastward today. Gale to storm force northwesterlies over most
waters behind the low will slowly subside today as it weakens and
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Funk Island Bank, Northern Grand Banks, and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Gale warnings are in effect for all other waters except Strait of
Belle Isle - western half, Gulf waters, Southwest Coast, and South
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except Gulf waters, Southwest Coast, South
Coast, and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: