Issued 08:00 PM NDT 23 August 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon Thursday.
Showers and fog patches.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 23 August 2017
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
Tonight and Thursday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 this evening then subsiding to 1 to 2 near noon Thursday.
Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
Tonight and Thursday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 near noon Thursday.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 23 August 2017
Friday Wind southwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 in the morning.
Saturday Wind northwest 15 knots.
Sunday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5033N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5817W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 23 August 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
southern Labrador Sea.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: