South Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 28 April 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 late Saturday morning. Wind becoming west 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Snow beginning late overnight changing to a few showers or flurries Saturday afternoon. Fog patches forming late Saturday morning and dissipating Saturday evening.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 2 rising to plus 2 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
6 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
extreme western and southern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5700W to 4245N 5500W to 4230N 4900W to 4545N
4445W to 5000N 4600W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4737N 5916W to Quebec near 5015N 6314W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located east of the East Labrador
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 976 mb located southeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warning have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: