South Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 08 February 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 ending this evening. Wind diminishing to north 15 Tuesday morning.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4900N 5100W
to 5145N 4935W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
6 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 7 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4515N 4800W to 4530N 4645W to 4800N 4445W to 4830N
4445W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5105N 5843W to Newfoundland near 5021N 5732W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs west of the
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 08 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 8 February 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 1004 mb located over southern Belle
By 9:30 a.m. NST today departing low 1006 mb located east of the
At 4:00 a.m. NST today building ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM NST 8 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the Mid Labrador Coast -
north of Hopedale and the North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: