South Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 01 September 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 30 knots diminishing to north 20 this afternoon and to variable 10 to 15 Wednesday morning.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 August 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5554W to 5115N 5000W to 5245N 5000W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5101N 5705W to Quebec near 5125N 5741W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 1 September 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located off the West Coast
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 998 mb located over the northern
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
over the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM NDT 1 September 2015 A low pressure system currently just off the west coast of
Newfoundland will track east-southeastward across Newfoundland today
to lie east of the Avalon Peninsula by this evening. Strong to gale
force northerly winds over southern waters will diminish this
afternoon as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
South Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: