South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 25 May 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind variable 15 knots increasing to south 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5030N 5330W to 5440N 5210W to 5605N 5655W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 5 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northern section and along the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4115N 5130W to 4115N 4930W to 4530N
3900W to 4700N 3845W to 5300N 4445W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 May 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located from the South Labrador
Coast to Funk Island Bank.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday approaching trough located over the
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: