South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 22 May 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this evening and to light Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 May 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4840N 5105W
to 5150N 5250W to 5255N 5120W to 5540N 5130W to 5655N 5705W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4737N 5630W to 4445N 5700W to 4215N 5100W to 4215N 4815W to 4445N
4315W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6143W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 22 May 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located from
Quebec to the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: