South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 27 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northeast 25 knots.
Periods of rain with risk of freezing rain changing to periods of drizzle this evening. Risk of freezing drizzle tonight and Tuesday. Fog patches.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4805N 5250W to 4430N 5000W to 4530N 4730W to
5510N 5300W to 5630N 5700W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure in the compacted ice developing this evening.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3745W to 4630N
3645W to 4730N 3645W to 5100N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5031N 5936W to Newfoundland near 4935N 5755W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador Coast - southern halfIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 27 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 987 mb located over the southern
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 988 mb located over southwestern
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: