South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 27 May 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming south 15 knots this afternoon.
A few showers beginning early Saturday morning and ending Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures zero to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5135N 5600W to
Labrador near 5155N 5600W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5615W to
5030N 5330W to 5100N 5330W to 5200N 5430W to 5400N 5300W to 5500N
5300W to 5600N 5630W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5309W to 4330N 4945W to 4330N 4815W to 4400N 4500W to 4615N
3800W to 4730N 3800W to 5145N 4330W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5934W to Newfoundland near 4941N 5749W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 27 May 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the South Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: