South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 20 January 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to northwest 20 Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to north 30 Saturday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 5145N 5220W
to 5210N 5020W to 5530N 5210W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey-white ice except 9 tenths of grey-white ice
including 2 tenths of first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5040N 5615W to 5013N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5657N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 20 January 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday trough located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NST 20 January 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: